Solved

Use of Excel Migration Jobs

• 9 February 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

In a number of threads I've read that regular (older) Migration Jobs (FndMig) are not the favorite anymore. One better uses Data Migration Manager.

Where does that leave Excel migration jobs? They are linked to FndMig, as far as I know.

If FndMig is deprecated and may not be available anymore in coming versions, where does that leave the implementation/explanation of Excel migration jobs?

Is it better for consultants not to mention that it exists?

Is it better for customer not to start using them or trying to remove them from the possible functionality to use in IFS Cloud?

I'm interested in your thoughts,

Steve

icon

Best answer by ERHEUS 9 February 2023, 16:17

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi eqbstal, the plan is to have an Excel Add-In feature available in the Data Migration Manager before we consider deprecating the older data migration tool.  Both tools will exist until we have the Excel Add-In functionality  in the Data Migration Manager.  We are aware that customers use the current data migration jobs tool for all kinds of purposes so we would need a path forward for those customers before we could remove the data migration jobs from IFS Cloud.  The Data Migration Manager is where new development is taking place and we are extending the functionality of the tool with each release.