Solved

Store Closed. Big affect on demand

• 7 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hi, 

One of our stores has been closed for a while due to unexpected events and this has a big impact on the demand. I don´t know for how many monts it will be closed. 

I don´t want this to affect the forecast prognosis. 

What can I do in Demand Planner to ignore these periods ?

Can I just copy the historical forecast to adjusted demand?

Or can I use the movable holiday function, or maybe some other function?

icon

Best answer by Richard Owen 8 November 2023, 12:39

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi,

It sounds like you maybe have two choices here:

1. Update the Adjusted Demand so that Demand Planner is able to see the demand that ‘should be there’ if the store was open.
  2. Or, if the demand is not adjusted, Adjust the Forecast to reflect what the forecast would have been if the demand had been there.

The decision is probably going to be based on which choice is easier to implement and how accurate the results will be!

You can certainly do some manual work in the Demand Planner Client to try and solve this.  Maybe some ‘copy and paste’ in the Forecast Table or perform a percentage increase of the Adjusted Forecast in the Forecast Graph.

Could you copy the forecast or demand from a similar product in a different store if the profile is similar?  You could use the Period Comments to explain why the adjustments have been made.

One of the problems I see with the ‘Adjusted Demand’ approach is that you will need to keep updating it as you move from one forecast period to the next so the system can compute the forecast. This may be OK, but …

Alternatively, if you adjust the forecast it will allow you to better control the forecast as you are not relying on the demand being there.  However, I do acknowledge that there are some manual steps here!

I hope this helps.