Solved

Shipment Order in the new IFS 21R1

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

I am trying to learn how this functionality can add value in the intersite flow. Can anyone advise?

icon

Best answer by Lahiru Dissanayake 6 April 2021, 16:31

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Good Movement with New Capability Shipment Order course is available in IFS academy. No idea about other locations that we can access this video. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, let me quote below from the Academy training,

▪️ Removed earlier constraints and workarounds

▪️ Increased efficiency and usability – utilizing the shipment and receipt processes

▪️ Less administration – no need for dummy data related to internal trade

▪️ High flexibility - within or between sites

▪️ Enhanced planning – can be a supply/demand at any time

▪️ Increased consistency

You can access the training from here 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @EnzoFerrari ,

As above mentioned, shipment order is a new functionality introduced in IFS21R1 for the movement of inventory parts between warehouse and sites.

With this new functionality, application allows user to use shipment functionality in moving parts.

Basically the functionality works as below.

Create Shipment order (Convert it to shipment) > Shipment (Process the shipment) > Inventory parts in Internal order transit(Parts are now in internal order transit) > Register arrivals or Incoming dispatch advice (Receipt of parts to destination).

For the question you raised regarding the intersite process, if you have intersite setup and if you use Distribution orders to move parts between two sites, you can replace distribution orders with shipment orders.

But to use shipment orders you no need to have an intersite setup or internal customer/purchase orders, purchase parts etc. So, that is the flexibility you have when using the shipment orders.

But as per my understanding, we can’t use Shipment order in typical intersite flow, other than for the distribution orders.  

Hope this helps. 

Many Thanks,

-Lahiru -

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @EnzoFerrari ,

As above mentioned, shipment order is a new functionality introduced in IFS21R1 for the movement of inventory parts between warehouse and sites.

With this new functionality, application allows user to use shipment functionality in moving parts.

Basically the functionality works as below.

Create Shipment order (Convert it to shipment) > Shipment (Process the shipment) > Inventory parts in Internal order transit(Parts are now in internal order transit) > Register arrivals or Incoming dispatch advice (Receipt of parts to destination).

For the question you raised regarding the intersite process, if you have intersite setup and if you use Distribution orders to move parts between two sites, you can replace distribution orders with shipment orders.

But to use shipment orders you no need to have an intersite setup or internal customer/purchase orders, purchase parts etc. So, that is the flexibility you have when using the shipment orders.

But as per my understanding, we can’t use Shipment order in typical intersite flow, other than for the distribution orders.  

Hope this helps. 

Many Thanks,

-Lahiru -

Many Thanks Lahiru  :pray:

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

@EnzoFerrari , You’re welcome :slight_smile:

Do you expect any further information for the question you raised? 

-Lahiru- 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@EnzoFerrari , You’re welcome :slight_smile:

Do you expect any further information for the question you raised? 

-Lahiru- 

yes, if you have any documentation to share, I would be grateful @Lahiru Dissanayake 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @EnzoFerrari ,

Could you check whether you can access the ppt from here

Thanks,

-Lahiru- 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @EnzoFerrari , 

If you don’t have access to above, you may refer online help Document from here

Let me know, if you don’t have access to this one too. 

Thanks,

Lahiru 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Getting the below message when we try to access the ppt 

But was able to refer it through online docs

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @EnzoFerrari , 

Seems like you don’t have access to IFS academy ppts. Hope on line doc. shared will help you. 

thanks,

Lahiru 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

IFS Academy I have access, I don't see any presentations there though

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi,

Can just add that the scope and the usage of the Shipment Order will be extended in coming releases. 

In IFS Cloud 21R2 we use the Shipment Order to send material requested by a service task directly to the Service Location. We see many future functional scenarios that will utilize the Shipment Order and we will add more and more scenarios for each release. For instance in 22R1 we are lokking into possibility to use the Shipment Order for part pickup by service technicians.

Furthermore in IFS Cloud 22R1 we are looking into handling of project inventory and handling of all relevant ownerships.

Best Regards

Fredrik