Solved

Purchase Requisition authorization using positions

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hello, 

Has anyone used position roles for purchase requisition authorizations?

I have set up purchase requisition authorization using positions and when I try to authorize from the left side I get the following message.

“The authorization limit on the last step in the routing template is less than the purchase requistion amount”

the PREQ amount is 709606.04

the last authorizer in my template has an authoriation amount of 99999999999999.00

But I can approve the same step, if I select the purchase requistion line from the right side

I have to authorize/acknowledge each purchase requistion line in the right side of the window. 

This only happens with a postion structure. anyone has this problem or know the reason for this?

icon

Best answer by malik.sally 26 May 2021, 04:54

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

In the authorization routing template, have you entered % for the field Org Code? If not, try after adding it.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

In the authorization routing template, have you entered % for the field Org Code? If not, try after adding it.

I have the correct org code defined. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Check limits of last level. What I mean your organization has positions. Position has authorization limits defined. Position has assigned employees who will be the authorizers. Check their limits.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Check limits of last level. What I mean your organization has positions. Position has authorization limits defined. Position has assigned employees who will be the authorizers. Check their limits.

This is also set up. 

last step of the org postion
Authorizer allocated to the postion. Same PREQ line auth amount

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Can you check the Authorization Rule fetched on the PR(PR->Authorization Tab-> Authorization Rule column)

Does this Rule has Authorization Routing Option set to “Include All Steps and Consider Limits” - Then the system will copy all the steps in the Authorization routing template and validate the authorization limit of the last step while authorizing the purchase order or purchase requisition.

For example the last step has a limit less than the PR value then the above error can be given ( Ex: last step 200,000 USD PR value 700,000USD)

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Can you check the Authorization Rule fetched on the PR(PR->Authorization Tab-> Authorization Rule column)

Does this Rule has Authorization Routing Option set to “Include All Steps and Consider Limits” - Then the system will copy all the steps in the Authorization routing template and validate the authorization limit of the last step while authorizing the purchase order or purchase requisition.

For example the last step has a limit less than the PR value then the above error can be given ( Ex: last step 200,000 USD PR value 700,000USD)

The Auth rule is set up for “Include steps based on limits”. My PREQ has 2 lines. one for ~19,000 USD and second for ~662500. 
Since this is Include steps based on limits, I am getting all 5 steps of my template but the first and last authorizers are the actual authorizers, everyone else will acknowledge. 
I am able to do this by clikcing line by line of the right side of the auth window. left side is giving me te error. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

The Auth rule is set up for “Include steps based on limits”. My PREQ has 2 lines. one for ~19,000 USD and second for ~662500. 
Since this is Include steps based on limits, I am getting all 5 steps of my template but the first and last authorizers are the actual authorizers, everyone else will acknowledge. 
I am able to do this by clikcing line by line of the right side of the auth window. left side is giving me te error. 

Can you check whether the authorization limit of the 5th step(last step) is less than the PR value.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Can you check whether the authorization limit of the 5th step(last step) is less than the PO value.

Auth limit of the last step is 99999999999999.00. and I am using this for Purchase Req authorizations so the authorizations are at line level not the total amount.

Also I tested this with using a Individual routing template with same amounts instead of using positions and I get no errors. This is something to do with using positions. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@Nipuni.J I have experienced the same issue that you have reported, and I believe it is a bug. I think I reported this issue to IFS for a fix. Need to dig up the cases and see. Like you say, it is possible to authorize on the right hand side of the screen.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

@malik.sally Thank you Malik! If you find the case/bug ID, please let me know. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@Nipuni.J and @malik.sally I searched in LCS, but couldn’t find the case. By now have either of you found it? It would be helpful if you can share it here please. Thanks. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

@Asela Munasinghe Yes.  I use the patch for my client. Patch: 158378