Question

options for excluding PM action inventory demand from MRP

• 4 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

we are needing to exclude PM action inventory demand from being included in MRP or Order Proposal and “force” it to be bought via a manual purchase requisition on the work order.  We are using Apps 10 UPD14.

Primary aim is to not create “automatic” purchase requisitions and use the work order purchase requisition so that the “Ordered For” field is updated on the Purchase Order for easier reference at time of receiving to know whether the part is for stock replenishment or needs kitted for a work order.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @BAMRICHBONO ,

Which version of IFS are you on?

From IFS10 there is an option to set the PM horizon on Site level. If you leave this field blank, the material on the PM Action will not take into consideration for MRP.

In that case, only the Material lines on the Work Task in status Released will take into considerations.

I am not sure if it is possible to turn that also off. But you can set in it in the procedure that the PR needs to be created before you release the work task. 

Besides that you can also configure the inventory parts that these are not MRP parts. Not sure if the parts on Work Tasks are the same parts you need in other processes as well.

Good luck,

Robert Kool

Badge +2

We are on IFS 10 UPD14 working primarily in the Edge explorer view.

Thanks for the feedback.  I tried a couple of your suggestions in our TEST environment with the following results.

PM Inventory part demand horizon blank - Our current setting is 0.  I updated to “blank” and re-ran MRP.  I did have a maintenance material requisition on the Work Status in status Released which showed up.  I deleted the maintenance material requisition from the PM Work Order and it no longer showed up as demand which is good.  Still need to work through the process, but this is something to pursue.

When you reference “set it in the procedure”, is this the work instruction for the process or something directly in IFS that can help drive this?

With regard to setting inventory parts as “not MRP parts”, I couldn’t see that option for these purchased parts.  I can see the option under the Manufacturing tab in Inventory Parts, but since these are Purchased Parts, this option won’t apply, correct?