Solved

MS Forecast consumption for CO lines - due date vs ATP - Planned delivery date

• 22 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi,

I observed that MS forecast consumption for a CO is based on the Planned due date...

However when I have enabled ATP for a MS planned part and when the Planned delivery date is changed in the CO , it doesn’t update the Planned Due Date.

In some instances, this difference between the Planned Delivery Date and Planned Due dates can be a couple of weeks , even months.

In such instances, it’s going to cause trouble if the forecast is consumed based on the Planned Due date for the CO instead of the Planned Delivery Date.

I am trying to understand the relationship between ATP and forecast consumption, how are the functionalities aligned?

What am I missing ?

Appreciate if someone can shed some light in this area

(I am working on 23R2)

Kind Regards

Yashodha

icon

Best answer by majose 25 March 2024, 13:06

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi Yashodha,

I want to get some things clarified first…. So when I test with a master scheduled part in 24r1 (early version) I have following CO and CO Line:

I have been moving this in time earlier today when playing with this, from mid march to 1st of April. (And I don’t think I have any picking leadtime on site level)

In IPAP the planned due date shows up as 1st of April

Now  I will change this row’s Planned Delivery Date to 1st of May…

If I copy some of the data I have in IPAP - All tab. I see my customer order line demand at the 1st of May as expected :-)

Do you get correct dates in IPAP? For the CO Line demands?

Have you re-executed MS Level 1 calculation?

I could type in more questions, but I think it is good to sort out the CO Line dates first and check if it looks okay in the famous IPAP page.

Thanks,

Mats

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi @majose 

Thank you so much for the reply.

Yes I did a bit more testing in this area 

So here goes my data. As you can see in the IPAP screen it always picks my Planned Due Date for the customer order.

Are you suggesting this shouldn’t be the case? That IPAP should fetch the Planned Delivery Date instead ? (well that would be wonderful !)

As a result, when I re-executed MS Level 1 calculation, the MS grid gets update with the Planned due date instead and forecast is getting consumed accordingly . Do you see our problem?

In your screenshots I am unable to see the Planned Due Date. If there are no lead times then your planned due date may be equal to the Planned Delivery Date. 

The customer I am working with got lead times as they have a global supply chain set up. Hence the planned due date is always different to other dates and since ATP is in place the Planned Delivery Date gets constantly updated

Please can you advise whether this is a bug and reported to IFS?

Kind Regards

Yashodha

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Yeah, in my examples I don’t have the leadtimes that you have.

Anyway - It is the Planned Due Date that are used by the planning engines as well as IPAP and MS-ATP. And it must be like that!

The “Forecast Date” column - the only date column in the MS grid - is very oriented towards “the date when the goods needs to be available for picking from stock”. Even if some describes Master Scheduling as a handshake between Sales and Operations (procurement), much of date handling in MS are about when the “stuff” is available in inventory and less about delivery dates. And remember Master Scheduling is close to manufacturing, at the manufacturing side “we” want to see dates that makes sense to “us”.

-Mats