Solved

Moving reserved stock - for Supplier Material functionality

• 8 April 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi All,

It was my understanding that all reserved materials can now be moved in Apps10. But, when component parts are reserved for supplier materials, the system does not allow this reserved stock to be moved.

Is this the standard functionality and what is the reason behind this? Or am i missing something?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Arunalu

icon

Best answer by Fredrik Johansson LKP 8 April 2021, 13:52

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi,

Yes, I experience the same behavior. I think this is the standard behavior.

But, can you please explain why you assumed that reserved parts can be moved?  

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

If you need to enable that functionality (Move reserved stock), it has to be done at Site window > Extended Site Info tab > Inventory Tab > General Tab > Miscellaneous frame.

Have you checked if this option is enabled in your site.

In that case you should be able to move part with reservation as this setting has no impact only on Work Order reservations.
This work with customer order, shop order, DOP, material requisition, project deliverable and project miscellaneous demand reservations.

Hence you should be able to move reserved component parts.

Also make sure the option you have selected. There may be restrictions depending on that.

• Not Allowed: It is not possible to move reserved stock
  • Not Pick Listed: It is only allowed to move reserved stock that is not included in a pick list (i.e. pick list not created)
  • Not on Printed Pick List: It is possible to move stock included in pick list provided the pick list is not yet printed
  • Allowed: It is possible to move reserved stock which the pick list is created and printed

If you still not able to do that please let me know and I will check on the latest UPD of the APP10.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi,

Yes, I experience the same behavior. I think this is the standard behavior.

But, can you please explain why you assumed that reserved parts can be moved?  

Thanks

Hi Vimukthi,

Thanks. It is my understanding that from App10 onwards, reserved stock can be moved. Hence my assumption that this applies to Supplier Materials as well. But for this to work, we need to have the setup mentioned by Anushka in any other value other than ‘Not Allowed’.

Regards,

Arunalu

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @Arunalu ,

As @Anushka B writes this is enabled for a set of reservation types: customer order, shop order, DOP, material requisition, project deliverable and project miscellaneous (and Shipment Order in IFS Cloud). Work Order is working as well, but a bit different with the parameter setting. Unfortunately for you Supplier Material is not included here. The reservation types were enabled in priority order due to time constraint in the development project. We have the enabling of more reservation types including Supplier Material in the long term roadmap.

Best Regards

Fredrik

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

If you need to enable that functionality (Move reserved stock), it has to be done at Site window > Extended Site Info tab > Inventory Tab > General Tab > Miscellaneous frame.

Have you checked if this option is enabled in your site.

In that case you should be able to move part with reservation as this setting has no impact only on Work Order reservations.
This work with customer order, shop order, DOP, material requisition, project deliverable and project miscellaneous demand reservations.

Hence you should be able to move reserved component parts.

Also make sure the option you have selected. There may be restrictions depending on that.

• Not Allowed: It is not possible to move reserved stock
  • Not Pick Listed: It is only allowed to move reserved stock that is not included in a pick list (i.e. pick list not created)
  • Not on Printed Pick List: It is possible to move stock included in pick list provided the pick list is not yet printed
  • Allowed: It is possible to move reserved stock which the pick list is created and printed

If you still not able to do that please let me know and I will check on the latest UPD of the APP10.

Hi Anushka,

Yes the setup is ‘Allowed’ in my site level. But the options to move and use transport tasks are disabled even then. May be there is a restriction or a limitation here.

Regards,

Arunalu

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @Arunalu ,

As @Anushka B writes this is enabled for a set of reservation types: customer order, shop order, DOP, material requisition, project deliverable and project miscellaneous (and Shipment Order in IFS Cloud). Work Order is working as well, but a bit different with the parameter setting. Unfortunately for you Supplier Material is not included here. The reservation types were enabled in priority order due to time constraint in the development project. We have the enabling of more reservation types including Supplier Material in the long term roadmap.

Best Regards

Fredrik

Hi Fredrik,

This was my suspicion as well. Thanks for confirming it.

Regards,

Arunalu