Question

IFS Objects to which Document Text can be added

• 1 April 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

IFS provides the ability to add Document Text to some objects in the database (e.g. Customers, Suppliers, Parts, POs and lines, etc). Having done so, it can be configured (via the Doc Text Administration screen) to inherit though to one or more Output documents. For example, we can add doc text to a part record and configure it to appear on any Purchase Order with a line for that part number.

This is very useful functionality, but seems to be limited only a pre-determined set of objects.

Is there a way to enable document text against addition object types (e.g. could we add doc text to a site, such that all POs on that site show the applicable phrase?)

Also, is there a list of all objects to which Document Text can be added (I couldn't find any such list in the help system?)

Thanks in advance for any help!

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Is the Document Text Administration - Documents tabthe list you are looking for?

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

IFS Document Text functionality is only available for the documents types mentioned in Document Text Administration window > Documents tab.

These are the document types that can be printed and grouped into an output type.

You cannot define new document types.

As mentioned by @ShawnBerk refer Document Text Administration window > Documents tab for the list of document types.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@ShawnBerkand @Anushka B Thanks for your replies, but it’s not the list of documents i’m looking for but rather the list of LUs / IFS Screens (i.e. types of object) to which document text phrases can be added.

I was hoping to add doc text to the Site record, with an output type configered to appear on the PO output doc (to capture site specific delivery info such as good-in opening times, etc) but there doesnt seem to be any way to do that out-of-the-box.

IFS also doesnt seem to allow doc text to be added to a Part Revision record (and many other records too).

This is why i was looking for a list of the IFS screens where the RMB, Document Text option exists.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

After doing some testing myself, I compiled the below list of IFS Screens/Objects which allow Document Text to be added. However, it seems likely there are others too which I just didn't find yet. If anyone has a definitive list, please share it…

#    IFS Records to which Document Text can be added
1    Customer (Order tab)
2    Sales Part
3    Sales Quotation
4    Sales Quotation Lines
5    Customer Order
6    Customer Order Lines
7    Inventory Part
8    Product Structure
9    Product Structure Alternate
10    Product Structure Component
11    Product Structure By-Product
12    Supplier (Purchasing Tab)
13    Purchase Requisition
14    Purchase Requisition Line
15    Purchase Order
16    Purchase Order Lines
17    Routing
18    Routing Alternate
19    Routing Operation
20    Manufacturing Tool
21    Shop Order
22    Shop Order Materials
23    Shop Order Operations
24    Operation Tools
25    Shipment Header
26    Handling Unit Type
27    (and maybe others too?)

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

I also discovered that within the Document Text Administration screen, there’s a tab called Document Phrases. That tab allows a phrase to be linked to a specific output document forcing that phrase to appear on the document either enterprise wide or by disabling the “Valid for all Companies” field, and RMB, Details it can be limited to specific companies or sites.

As such, it doesn't really matter that you can’t add Document Text on the Company or Site screens, as you can achieve the same results using this tab and it’s RMB, Details option.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

….
25    Shipment Header

27    (and maybe others too?)

@RobinHunter, So Shipment lines are not an option right? I was trying to find a way to add Doc Text for Shipment Delivery Note, but couldn’t at line level. Even trying to transfer the Doc Text through the source CO lines didn’t work for me. 

Do you think I missed something or is it the standard behavior? I am using IFS App10 UPD9

Do you think I might be able to get an internally developed customization if IFS dosen’t provide it for Shipment line level? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

What about Master Parts/Parts?

I have found some Master Parts, where I can add Document Texts. And the Table view allows to show the Field “Document Text yes/no”. The entered texts also appear for example on the Purchase Order Report.

I find in the Aurena Page designer the following sytax on the document text command:

Enabled: {"and":[{"!=":[{"var":"record.DocumentTextNoteId"},null]},{"!":[{"method":["record.isDirty"]}]}]}

What does “record.isDirty” mean?

How can I add document text to Master Parts?