Solved

Grouping Shop Orders with outside operation

• 20 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hello, 

I have a subset of parts that are processed on Shop Orders with an outside operation. The Supplier they are processed through has minimum Lot requirements by part size. Currently, our scheduling group has to look through IPAP to find these Shop Orders. They will then move the SO dates to try and group them together to avoid the lot charges. 

I’ve looked through the help section but I do not see anything that appears to address this. I am hoping there is a way within the native functionality to address this. 

Any guidance would be appreciated. 

icon

Best answer by matt.watters 20 February 2024, 14:41

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

Have you looked at creating an operation block for this outside work center? Then use the Available Operations tab to see all the operations available and select those you want to batch together to hit the minimum lot quantity and connect those operations to the block. Also, perhaps you have the size of the part as a characteristic by which you could select the operations to batch. Then schedule the operations forward or backward and in parallel or in sequence, optionally compressing any preceding operations, and the Finish Date will update on all the shop orders.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Thank you @matt.watters I believe this will do what I’m looking for. I was also looking at creating product families for the different sizes and using a saved search against SORs to see which proposed SORs could be run together.