Solved

Exclude PO from MRP Supply Calculation

• 2 March 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hello Everyone,

Is it possible to exclude a Purchase Order in status “Confirmed” from MRP supply calculation?  This is a very unique situation where we need the supply information on the PO to be excluded from MRP.  It seems the freeze status in the PO header might be an option but the user has already Confirmed the PO which makes this option unavailable.  There doesn’t seem to be anything available on the PO line either. 

We have considered cancelling the current PO and re-issuing with status freeze but it’s a very large PO with several hundred lines. 

We are in APPS 9.  

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Arunalu 3 March 2021, 03:25

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Chris,

Unfortunately i dont think there is such an option to exclude the PO from the MRP calculation in your case.

However, in Apps10, there is an RMB option ‘copy order’ which suits your requirement but please pardon me if this is not available in Apps9 (i dont have access to an Apps9 environment right now to check on this).

If its not available, i guess you will have to cancel the PO and come back. Im sure you already know this but if you dont, when adding the lines to your new PO, you can select multiple lines from the previous order > RMB > Edit > ‘Copy object’ and come back to the new order and on the line level, RMB > Edit > ‘Paste object’.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Arunalu

Badge +2

Arunalu,

Thank you for the response.  Yes, “copy order” is available in APPS 9 and we had discussed this option as well.  Looks like this will be our best solution. 

Best regards,

Chris