Solved

Create Reservations on Another Location in Aurena (Report Picking)

• 11 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 64 replies

We’re moving our shipping department to Aurena (Apps 10, UPD 18) and we can’t find a menu that we use on the “Report Picking of Pick List Lines” screen. This option does not seem to be available on this screen in Aurena. How would we do the below action in Aurena today?

IEE Create Reservations On Another Location

The only options available are Report Picking and Unreserve

icon

Best answer by Fredrik Johansson LKP 15 August 2023, 08:33

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi,

This option was removed as the new concept Pick by Choice was introduced and the functionality is overlapping. Where pick by choice is a bit more advanced as you can do replacement and picking in one step. It is enabled in the site:

You decide for which material it should be allowed. If you have anything else than “Not Allowed” you will get a new option in the Report Picking of Pick List Lines page:

When clicking on this an assistant is pops up where you can specify what to pick instead:

In the lower table you specify what you are actually picking.

I hope this will be possible to use to solve your requirement?

Best Regards

Fredrik

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

@Fredrik Johansson LKP can you walk me through what all of the options on the site mean? I was leaning towards setting our site to “Not Reserved”. Will this block them from reserving other inventory that has been reserved from other orders and only allow them to move the inventory on the pick list to another, non-reserved product in inventory?

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi,

“Not Reserved” means that you can enter other material in the lower table that is not reserved i.e. only what is available in stock. I think that will be what corresponds to what is possible to do in the Create Reservation in Another Location RMB.

“Not Pick Listed” means that you can pick available stock and stock reserved by others but not pick listed. Note that if you pick something reserved by some other demand, they will get some other stock reserved. 

So basically it decides the level of freedom you want when it comes to picking other material. You can raise the level an allow picking what is on pick list not printed or completely flexible. Alse then the demand you “steal” from will do a reservation of some other material.

I think the Pick by Part Choice activity in the help documentation might describe this even further.

Best Regards

Fredrik 

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Thank you for the explanation! We will be implementing this for our 10 Aurena environment and re-writing our procedures.