Solved

Cannot highlight multiple WO Material Lines and RMB to 'Create Purchase Requisition LIne'

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Work Order and Task are ‘released’ and I have 3 Material Order lines that I need to create a purchase requisition for, but I cannot highlight all 3 lines and RMB and choose the ‘Create Purchase Requisition Line’ option; it is not enabled.  

However, I can highlight them individually and RMB to ‘Create the Purchase Requisition Line’  Why?

icon

Best answer by SaraCrank 16 March 2022, 18:46

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @smelanson,

This is the behavior even in Core version as well. I’m not sure if that was omitted during the design or done on purpose due to a logical reason (which I do not really see). I would suggest you create a support ticket to IFS so that we could get R&D feedback on this.

Regards

Susith

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

@Susith Setunga @smelanson - I opened case# G2281008 for this exact scenario. The last note from the 27th says that it was being investigated by a functional analyst. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@SaraCrank Thanks for the information.  I haven’t logged a case, but would be interested in knowing the outcome of yours and if necessary I will log one.  

Thanks very much !

Shelley

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

@Susith Setunga / @smelanson - This is the response I received, I don’t agree with it but haven’t responded yet. 

Hi Sara,

During the investigation we received an explanation from our product development team regarding this reported case as follows.

In these type of multiple purchase requisitions creating purposes they recommend using material requisition tab to handle bulk of the parts which are in the inventory. If there are no parts in the inventory, there is an option to create a purchase requisition under the Requisition tab. Because using the material tab to create multiple purchase requisitions cannot be considered as a correct procedure.

So, the available option for this requirement in IFS application is to create the purchase requisitions from the Requisitions tab rather than using the materials tab.

Technically, a set of conditions need to be validated when run the Create Purchase Requisition Line option on a line. Therefore, the same set must run in each line when multiple lines are selected. For instance, whether there are any already issued quantities or quantity available to be issued etc.

Consequently, if this process requires a functional/technical enhancement in the application that could go beyond the scope of a standard support fix.

Please check and confirm whether this clarification of the functionality is sufficient to understand the intended behavior and kindly let me know if you have any business scenario which conflicts with this functionality.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@SaraCrank   I am confused by the response.   Since I can’t see your case in the support Portal, can you email me your issue @  shelley.melanson@majordrilling.com. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

@smelanson - I sent them pretty much what you stated in your initial post. That we can’t highlight and create multiple reqs at once. 

What I’m getting from their response is that because the system is checking for issued quantities or available inventory when you use the RMB, it would have to do that for every line highlighted and they think you should go to the Reqs tab to order multiple items.

I think that if the system can generate multiple reqs when I release a customer order, it should be able to create multiple lines on the same req for a WO. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@SaraCrank going to the Requisition tab to order multiple items is not the answer, in my opinion.  I don’t think the logic would be too difficult to determine if there has been any issued from each line and calculate the P Req Qty based on quantity required - (minus) quantity issued, but I am not a developer.  Looks like we may be waiting a while for this  enhancement..

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

@smelanson - Agreed, going to the Requisition tab isn’t the answer. I would suggest logging a case anyway and when they come back with the same answer ask them to put it on the Idea Wall for future enhancement. The more customer’s request a functionality the better chances of it gaining traction. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

@smelanson / @Susith Setunga - I’ve continued to push back on this in my case with IFS. I finally asked for a new supply code of PO Transit so they could bypass all the logic they say will make multiple req create complicated. They countered with a potential new RMB to create multiple reqs. Below is their response. If you haven’t opened a case please do and continue to ask for improvements. That may help this along. Below is their exact response:

--

Hi Sara,

This is to keep you update on that we reported this case to our Product Development (RnD) team to investigate a possible correction. Most probably it will be a new RMB option to create Multiple Purchase Requisitions. I will let you know as soon as I receive an update regarding the progress.

--

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

@smelanson / @Susith Setunga - IFS R&D finally created a patch to fix the issue of not being able to multiple select items on the material tab and create purchase reqs. It will either be in the next update or you can request the patch as a single delivery. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @SaraCrank 

Do you happen to know which update this issue is fixed in?   We are getting UPD 14 soon, and I’m wondering if it will be included. 

Thanks

Shelley

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

@smelanson - It’s coming out in UPD15. I noticed it in the release notes that were sent out, I think last week.