Solved

Cancel Purchase Reuqisiton and Requisition Lines

• 19 August 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

Hi All;

Is there any way to cancel purchase requisition line and a purchase requisition header. On IFS 10 there is no function to cancel purchase requisition but is there any other way for purchase requisition lines to stay still but behave like deleted, ignored by the further steps of procurement.

Thanks in Advance

icon

Best answer by Dilan Senevirathne 28 August 2022, 05:40

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @Hünkar Bulunmazer 

That option is not available on IFS application. This may be because, requisitions is a preliminary step to creating purchase orders. A requisition does not cause parts to be purchased. It is merely a proposal to a purchaser or coordinator when creating a purchase order. Only thing we can do is delete the PR line and header.

Thank You.

Badge +1

Hi @Dilan Senevirathne;

Thanks for your concern. This was a request of one of the customer. I wanted to be sure.

Best Regards

Badge +1

My current customer has this exact requirement, they have to audit cancellations and require a reason code, but only for user created or upstream demand e.g. WO, not for system processes e.g. MRP

Badge +1

Hi COVRICHAL;

I planned to create an independent table and add a custom function into PR screen that fetches all information into this new table in order to keep track of the deleted PR lines. But a reason code is a step further for tracking. A new tab into basic data screen that holds PR cancellation reason code and a new reason code field in PR line follwed by inserting those information into the independent table that I mentioned  with a function can be a solution for audits. 

Badge +1

This was also a request from my customer.    They were also requiring a reason code so via the custom LU, a referenced custom field to the Purchase order cancellations LOV would provide this, very much similar to how customer orders / quotations etc are handled.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

This requirement has been raised by our users too. There should be a way to cancel the PRs other than deleting them from the system. Therefore, kindly consider including this feature in a future release.