Solved

Additional Discount on a Received PO

• 9 March 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

We have a PO with header status ‘received’. Most lines Closed, some are in released state. each individual line has a discount defined. Supplier is providing an additional 5% discount for the whole PO, we just got to know. 

How do we add this additional 5% discount in IFS now?

icon

Best answer by Piyal Perera 13 March 2021, 05:30

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Can’t we use - (minus) charge line for this requirement? Even Closed PO we can add charge lines

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Can’t we use - (minus) charge line for this requirement? Even Closed PO we can add charge lines

Hi Piyal,

Thanks for the answer. So you mean that I calculate the total of the PO, calculate 5% of that. add that as a minus amount in the charge price / base right? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi Piyal,

Thanks for the answer. So you mean that I calculate the total of the PO, calculate 5% of that. add that as a minus amount in the charge price / base right? 

Yes.. exactly I was thinking that. then we can setoff with financially.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

That seems like an option, but taking into account a customization we use (we use Per Amount under ‘Distribute Charge by’ field in Charge lines) and some of these PO lines will not be received, don’t you think a part of the 5% discount will be missed?

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@Piyal Perera , I would be grateful if you can provide your opinion about the last concern I raised and also how to handle the invoicing part. 

Thank You so much for your assistance. 

Enzo

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Charge lines we can add independently. 5%  discount for the total PO value. So you can calculate full amount and add - charge. The rest of the charges should work independently. Not sure my views match your case, but still feel that you would have good workaround..