Solved

ADD CUSTOM FIELD IN SHIPMENT LINES

• 9 September 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi! I want to add “status” in the columns of shipment lines because I am wasting time returning to customer order to see the status of each line. In app 9 status column appear but in app 10 doesn’t appear. I will attach a picture for you can see my problem. there is any configurations to try to show that status column or what i have to do in this case. 

icon

Best answer by william.klotz 10 September 2021, 19:56

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @RoanyNF ,

I would recommend you create a custom field on the shipment lines logical unit.  The custom field would be read only and reference the customer order line to obtain the status of the line.

Expression:

CUSTOMER_ORDER_LINE_API.Get_State(v.SOURCE_REF1, v.SOURCE_REF2, v.SOURCE_REF3, v.SOURCE_REF4)

Field Name: Status
Expression Statement: CUSTOMER_ORDER_LINE_API.Get_State(v.SOURCE_REF1, v.SOURCE_REF2, v.SOURCE_REF3, v.SOURCE_REF4)

Unformatted Text Field
Length: 25 characters

Then just press next make it searchable and press next and approve and make public and press finish.  After you publish and synchronize your new custom field you’ll have to go back to the shipment screen and RMB and choose Custom Objects then choose Reload Configuration.  

Now you can RMB on one of the shipment lines headers and choose Column Chooser and add the new status field to the view.  After you add it you’ll need to refresh the shipment record so you see the status of the lines.   All you have to do now is add the custom field to a base profile so your users will see the new field when they look at shipment lines.

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

@william.klotz  Hi, thank you for that configuration, I am trying to do that but I can’t create anything. do you know what could happens? I am using IFS 10

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi,

@RoanyNF ,

You can search for Custom Fields in the navigator and then create custom fields for ShipmentLine LU like below. When I checked from the Shipment/Shipment Lines window (RMB Custom Objects > Fields was missing) 

But I am unable to find created custom field from column chooser in Shipment Lines tab in Shipment window or Shipment Lines window. (App10)

@william.klotz  Can you advise the reason here?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @RoanyNF ,

I’m using IFS Application 10 as well.  Are you sure you have the proper permissions to create custom fields?   I would recommend you log into IFS Enterprise Explorer as the application user which is usually IFSAPP.   This user will have access to everything in the system and if you’re able to create the custom field with this user you’ll know you need to adjust permissions for your user to be able to create custom fields.

@Chamika Dilhani you wouldn’t create a custom field from the Column Chooser you would only add an existing custom field to the column views.   After @RoanyNF adds the custom field onto the shipment lines logical unit and publishes it then it can be added to the shipment lines screen using Column Chooser.

Shipment Lines - Custom Fields

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @william.klotz

I didn't use column chooser to create custom fields. I created custom fields for LU ShipmentLine using custom fields window first and then tried to add those created custom fields to Shipment lines tab using column chooser.

But it does not show any created custom fields. I checked this in App 10 Core TECH CMB and App 10 custom objects reference environment by logging as the appowner 'IFSAPP'

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @william.klotz

Note, I have properly created, approved and published the custom fields for LU ShipmentLine.

Still those are not available to add using column chooser. I checked if this LU is available under restricted Custom objects. But it's not.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @Chamika Dilhani ,

After you added, approved and published the custom field did you go back to the shipment screen and RMB in the shipment header and select Reload Configuration under custom fields.  If that doesn't work you may need to refresh the caches like references and objects.

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Chamika Dilhani ,

After you added, approved and published the custom field did you go back to the shipment screen and RMB in the shipment header and select Reload Configuration under custom fields.  If that doesn't work you may need to refresh the caches like references and objects.

Regards,

William Klotz

Hi William,

Yes, I did. I logged out from the application and checked too, yet it didn’t work.