Question

Mailbox Reader won't start up in assyst 11.6 with a custom logging form set

• 20 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +5

We just upgraded from 11.3 to 11.6, and our mailbox reader services that use the logging_form parameter will not start up. We get an error that is bascially:

Failed to lookup the logging form 'FORMNAME'

There is always a corresponding error generated on the web server:

WFLYEJB0034: Jakarta Enterprise Beans Invocation failed on component CustomisationServiceBean for method public abstract com.axiossystems.assyst.dto.customisation.custom.CustomEntityDefinitionDto[] com.axiossystems.assyst.ejb.customisation.CustomisationService.lookupCustomEntityDefinition(com.axiossystems.assyst.dto.SessionToken,com.axiossystems.assyst.lookupParameter.LookupParameter[],java.lang.String[],java.lang.Integer) throws com.axiossystems.assyst.exceptions.DAOException,com.axiossystems.assyst.exceptions.AuthorizationException: javax.ejb.EJBException: java.lang.ClassCastException

It looks like it’s some type of permissions issue, but I can’t figure out what it might be. I’ve tried:

• Checking Privilege Groups
  • Checking CSGs
  • Creating a Contact User for the mailbox user and DB/EJB login and gave it a license role with all features
  • Checked that the form is added to a menu and is visible by default (and also visible to the alias set on the assyst user record for the mailbox reader login
  • Tried a new form
  • Tried a form name without spaces
  • Tried a few different DB/EJB users and mailboxes that should have elevated privileges in assyst
  • Tried changing the event_type parameter to “incident:”

None of that made any difference. If I comment out the logging_form parameter it works no problem and our other MBR services that don’t use a custom logging form work fine. But we have 2 MBR services configured this way, and neither work. Our mailboxes in our dev environment don’t use a custom logging form, but I was able to produce the error when dev as well when I added that param. 

Any other suggestions on what to look at? I really can’t think of what it could be.

I did open a ticket with the help desk, but thought I would ask here as well.

2 replies

Badge +5

Upon further investigation, I found some more info:

It looks like when the form name is passed to the server for lookup, the double quotes from the parameter in the mailboxReader.conf file are being passed as part of the form name.

Example:

LOGGING_FORM = “SOMEFORM”

Is being looked up like:

shortCode = "\"SOMEFORM\"",

When it should be

shortCode = "SOMEFORM",

If I remove the quotes from the parameter name, it appears to just treat it like a null variable, and it doesn’t get looked up at all.

Anyone have any ideas?

Badge +5

It looks like my previous response is incorrect, and the form name being wrapped in quotes is not an issue.

However, according to the debug logs, it is trying to pass the following URL to assystEJB:

http://127.0.0.1:9021/assyst/assystEJB/CustomEntityDefinition?shortCode="FORMNAME"&discontinued=false&fmt=lua&fields=id,shortCode

When I open that URL in a browser, I get the following message:

return {	exception = [=[java.lang.ClassCastException]=],}

If I remove the discontinued=false parameter, then it appears to respond with the correct info:

So it looks like it is some kind of issue with that parameter…. any suggestions are welcome, but it looks like it might be a bug in the MBR code?