Solved

ETM - Email Attachments

• 30 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Has anyone tried/ succeeded/ know if it is possible to set up a mailbox reader channel in assystETM that will use an attached spreadsheet as the data source? Alternatively, how to pass this spreadsheet into another ETM channel for processing?

Use case:

We provide our users with spreadsheet templates that they complete and we import by datamapper channel. For example, purchased IT assets imported upon delivery to be updated and added to in more detail later by our discovery toolset. This is currently emailed to us and manually imported but I would like to be able to have their email automatically populate the database.

icon

Best answer by SGrant89 2 September 2022, 13:18

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Steve,

This would need to be a manual process of downloading the attachment and then using some method to upload the file to ETM as you are doing currently.

This sounds like a good enhancement suggestion however, so I would recommend creating this as an Idea in the Community for a possible future release of ETM.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Thanks for the reply. I didnt think it was possible but I hold out hope for an enhancement.

ETM Channel - Using attachment as a source | IFS Community

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hi Steve

Another perhaps interim approach would be a process based one whereby your manual task would be to save down that attached spreadsheet to a specific folder. If you are a on premise customer you could simply map that folder to a drive accessible from your ETM and the ETM will pick up the spreadsheet directly and process it. If you are not then there could be options for Powershell to pick the file up from the folder and remote upload it to ETM ?

Steve 

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Thanks Steve,

We are a SaaS customer and do similar using the ETM PowerShell script provided by IFS (inporttool.ps1) for some of our regular imports (such as users and devices). However, Ive only managed to get this working on our on-prem infrastructure and I am being moved off into the cloud (at some point before November). I suspect there is something in in our cloud environment preventing the outbound traffic as it is also affecting Azure Automation account based API scripts. I will continue to work with my infrastructure team to investigate that one.

I have thought about using something like MS PowerAutomate to convert the contents into csv data and send as a plain text email as an interim if necessary.