Question

Services & Service Catalog missing from self-service portal

• 26 July 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +6

We currently have a situation where our test service catalog is missing on our test end user/self-service portal, while in production it is fine. 

When we log into the test self-service portal, the entire “Services” Menu option is missing/hidden, while in Production it’s shown.

I even tried with my Assyst Admin account and still don’t see services in test.

However, if I use my ZZGLOBAL account I see services and the catalog.

The service catalog is available fine in Assyst.Web test and production.

We're not aware of any changes we made that would cause this. Also, can’t explain why ZZGLOBAL can see Services but no other user, even an administrator can. We only use ZZGLOBAL occasionally and then only for setting up event monitors or query profiles we want to share globally.

Has anyone encountered something like this before?

Does anyone have an idea what about ZZGLOBAL would be different?

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi

Have you checked what Licence Role you are using? The Service Catalogue can be added/removed from assystNET wholesale via the Licence Role.

See Licence Role Documentation for more background

Badge +6

Hi Alan thanks for the quick reply.

We have several different license files for employees and contractors and vendors for example.

These are similar and are assigned to many users so that folks pretty much get the same access. We rarely change these license roles. I did make 1 recent change to the employee license role around advanced event monitoring which was a recommendation from IFS support on an issue I’m having trying to make a global event monitor available on the self-service portal. This shouldn’t have anything to do with my services missing problem, but just to be safe I turned that checkbox off and after logging off and back on it didn’t have any effect.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi, 

Check your event privileges for the following: 

Use Service Catalog to Log Events

Specifies if the assyst User is allowed to access the Service Catalog and log events from it.

If not Alan’s solution, this is the next likely. 

Also worth checking that your CSS isnt hiding it

Badge +6

Thanks Kevin for the quick response as well.

All our contact users have the exact same user alias which is setup identical. In that we have a privilege group called All End Users with the same Entity and Event Privileges. 

All users then have access to the self-service portal and specifically the Services Menu and the Service Catalog. 

Both production and test are exactly the same from that perspective and so that would not account for why test is missing and production isn’t. 

And as I mentioned the odd thing is that it shows only when using ZZGLOBAL.

Badge +6

We figured it out as on one of our license roles in test was slightly different than production whereas the check box for Service Catalog was off. 

Thanks Alan and Kevin as this helped point me to where to look.