Solved

Mirrored Service Offerings

• 13 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me or point me towards documentation that explains how mirrored service offerings are setup in assyst? By mirrored, I am referring to different individual service offerings that are an exact copy of each other. For instance, changing one copy will automatically update the second copy accordingly. We have some old service offerings setup like this at my organization, but I cannot find any documentation on the subject. We are using assyst 11.2.3.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by moconnor1 16 June 2023, 22:34

View original

3 replies

Badge +1

Hi,.

I am afraid there is not a way to change different offerings by changing one in an automatic process.  you may in later versions export and import the workflows using the promotion utility:

https://wiki.axiossystems.com/assyst11-6Wiki/index.php/Export_and_Import#Exporting_using_the_Promotion_Utility

Andrew

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

What we did to get around this was simply create “External link” offerings that pointed to the single offering elsewhere in the catalog.

Example: Users don’t always navigate our “access” service category so we hosted an offering for application access under the specific applications service category. Then we created an external link offering named the same as the offering in the “access” service category that links to the correct offering found in the application service category.

This saved us time for the exact scenario you are describing.  Let me know if this isn’t making sense.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

What we did to get around this was simply create “External link” offerings that pointed to the single offering elsewhere in the catalog.

Example: Users don’t always navigate our “access” service category so we hosted an offering for application access under the specific applications service category. Then we created an external link offering named the same as the offering in the “access” service category that links to the correct offering found in the application service category.

This saved us time for the exact scenario you are describing.  Let me know if this isn’t making sense.

Yeah this is what we have resorted to doing. Unfortunately, I cannot figure out how some of my organization’s existing services are already automatically replicated/mirrored.