Solved

Can a Process an use External Spreadsheet/Database

• 7 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hello again,

Unfortunately in my role I’m not an assyst Admin and I’m kept an arms length away from the staff that do the work, so I have to research and determine a solution then put in my request.

I’m trying to see if a process can get data from an external source. The reason for the external source is it a profile for user access, which contains many different profiles, that change frequently. As such we don’t want to inundate the assyst Admin to change a process or assystNET form each time there’s a change.

My idea is that a manger would complete an assystNET with the required information, then assytNET function would pull the date from the external source, then add it to the task. When the task is assinged to the support team all the information is already included and they don’t have to manually look it up.

Thanks in advance to those who check it out and don’t respond.

C.

icon

Best answer by Steve Miller 9 June 2023, 09:51

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

You could use assystETM to import the data into the system regularly. Maybe as service items. (we do this all the time). This would allow you to drive the role lookup on the self-service portal form from that item and call related details in the workflows.

Alternatively, if the data is accessible through an API then you could use the action processor to pull it down and update the ticket information. Something like Microsoft Graph pulling data from a SharePoint list would probably do the trick.