Solved

Work Task Steps not showed in Object Navigator

• 6 November 2019
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi

In IFS10 the Maintenance is rebuilt, this is very good step forward and I think it´s very good, but we missing some things. One thing that we missing is to show Work Task Steps in Object Navigator.

Any reason why this is not showed?

/Karl

icon

Best answer by anmise 7 November 2019, 07:15

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7

Where exactly do you see these being relevant without the context of the task? Or are you talking about the Business Object Explorer?

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi!

When we use PM Group ID with the merge function, each PM Action will be a step on the Work Order/Work Task.

We need to keep track of all work performed on each object, even if it is done as a work step. As the solution is now the Work Task and Work Order doesn’t have an object connection when we use the merge function, which means that the history can’t be found in the Equipment Object Navigator.

/Karl

Userlevel 7

Hi!

When we use PM Group ID with the merge function, each PM Action will be a step on the Work Order/Work Task.

We need to keep track of all work performed on each object, even if it is done as a work step. As the solution is now the Work Task and Work Order doesn’t have an object connection when we use the merge function, which means that the history can’t be found in the Equipment Object Navigator.

/Karl

That makes sense. I’d say it’s an oversight. You could create an object lobby where you display all the information you need and add navigation from the equipment navigator screen. In addition log a case to ask for it. I’ll also pass this thread along to people in RnD.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Are you talking about wanting it to show up in the maintenance plan associated with the task to be able to prove the step was completed for auditors?  What are you envisioning?

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Are you talking about wanting it to show up in the maintenance plan associated with the task to be able to prove the step was completed for auditors?  What are you envisioning?

Hi @JerryB 

We use the function Merge on PM Action. When a merge is done object id is not set on Work Order or on Work Task, only on Work Step. In this case with merge, it´s not possible to see open work order in the Object Navigator.

/Karl

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Ok, I see what you’re saying now.  Maybe it can be added to active work tasks...I’ll run it by RnD.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Have reported same thing today. Awaiting RnD comment. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

RND is working on a fix by the bug ID 151287.

http://lcs.corpnet.ifsworld.com/login/secured/buglnw/BlBug.page?__ID=951445&BUG_ID=151287