Work Task Filters & Aurena

• 1 June 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +7
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 24 replies

Hello dearest community,

I have a question regarding the Work Task Filters i.r.w. IFSAPPS10 vs Aurena.

To give a bit of context, a couple of years back we started using IFS as ERP. Currently we are moving maintenance to IFS as well. However, it has been announced we will be moving to Aurena in about a year or so. Furthermore another site abroad already implemented maintenance in IFSAPPS10. To prevent confusion on implementing Aurena we decided to directly start using Aurena for maintenance purposes. But Aurena is a bit funny at certain times.

One of the differences we have found is the missing of “My Work” in Aurena. Fortunately we have found the “Technician Portals > Maintenance Engineer” which acts and seems to work the same. However, the application of Work Task Filters does not seem to work in Aurena. The various Maintenance Organizations can see/ accept work that is not meant to be visible by other organizations.

My Work - IFSAPPS10 - Unassigned Work
Aurena - Unassigned Tasks

We have found a possible workaround by abandoning the filters and creating and assigning multiple Resource Groups. (Whereas IFSAPPS10 had 1 main resource group, which was further defined in maintenance organizations under Organization Basic Data)

My question is if this is correct, or are there other methods to filter relevant work in Aurena? 

Finally we are currently testing Aurena using laptops/ tablets, our goal is to execute maintenance using these “mobile devices”. Our Technicians are not going on the road, as production and maintenance are both on the same location.

Thanks in advance! 

icon

Best answer by ereslk 9 June 2022, 08:09

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi,

Yes, as you have mentioned there is differences in IEE version and Aurena.

My Work in IEE is not available in Aurena and the Technician Portal > Maintenance Engineer was the replacement for that. Most of the functionalities are catered in Maintenance Engineer portal.

Additionally, some of the functionalities in My Work is also incorporated in Execute Work Task page.

Regarding the Unassigned work, similar functionality can be achieved through ‘Executable Work’ page.

It is possible to filter data using Work Task filters.

But have to navigate to the Execute Work Task page and create the assignments and proceed.

Automatic Work Assignment creation/ Assigning/ Starting option is not available.

Hope this answer your question.

Thanks & Best Regards

Eresha