Solved

Work Task Costs

• 1 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Can anyone tell me how the Costs are calculated on a Work Task? It is zero for some Work Tasks in my IFS when it should not be (see attached). It is only occurring on Cost Type “Personnel”  The employees it is happening with have the required privileges. I have tried to debug it but I can’t see where the calculation is made. I am on Apps10.

icon

Best answer by Thilini Kumarasinghe 1 June 2023, 19:27

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi,

Below is how total cost is calculated.

Help documentation:
The total cost related to the transaction. This is calculated as the number of reported hours multiplied with the hourly rate for employee, resource or maintenance organization:    

• If there is an employee and Use Employee Labor Cost is enabled for the company, the hourly rate for employee is used. 
  • If there is no cost from employee and there is a resource ID specified, the cost of the resource is used. 
  • If there is a maintenance organization but no cost from employee or resource, the hourly rate for the maintenance organization is used.

For example, if we report for a resource group:

If we just report for the maintenance organization:

Please check whether this helps.

Best Regards,

Thilini

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

In addition, this is from where the labor cost is calculated if you reported time for an employee.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Thank you Thilini, I noticed the Cost Column in Resource Detail is zero for some of the entries. The Person whose costs are coming up zero have that Resource as their parent resource. That  may be the cause of the problem, I am not sure yet.