Skip to main content
Question

Trigger maintenance survey for WO completion(Work Done)

• 19 July 2024
  • 2 replies

In IFS Cloud 23R2 

There is a requirement to configure a maintenance survey on Work Order status changes.

When Work Order status change from Work Started to Work Done a maintenance survey should be triggered. To achieve this. 

1. What is the Workflow Type selected on Maintenance Survey (I can’t find suitable one with respect to WO)
  2. What is the Configuration Type selected on Workflow configuration (I tried with Configured Work Task with Action flow tab options, but couldn’t find a suitable Action, I want to do this without action flow if possible)
  3. How can I ensure that a Workflow configuration is applied on a WO, from Prepare Work Order screen. 

If automatic trigger is not available for WO status change how should I configure a maintenance survey for a Work order? what should I choose for above parameters?

2 replies

Badge +2

Hi Haseka, 

1. You can choose ‘Completed - Before’, or ‘Completed - After’. If you chose Before, survey will be triggered when you select the Complete button. If you select After, then the survey will be triggered after you report in the information. 
  2. For this, configuration type, ‘Work Task’ should be enough. You will not need to configure a workflow. 
  3. In the Workflow Configuration, use the Filters tab to create the trigger points. 

For example, you can specify a work type, or priority as a trigger. So, when you use that information in the work order, the WFC will be applied to the work task. 

IFS Cloud Documentation Will provide information in detail. 

Badge +1

Hi Manusha,

Thank you for the response.

1. I tried with ‘Completed - Before’, or ‘Completed - After’ options but these are only working for Work Assignment completion but not for Work Order. In simple terms, I want to trigger a survey  when Work order status change from Work started to Work Done in Aurena.