Solved

Stop generating PM action Work Orders when Equipment is Out of Operation

• 1 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi team,

I have equipment whose status is out of operation. However, work orders are still generated using PM action.

I would like to know how to stop generating WOs for PM Action when the equipment object status is Out-Of-Operation.

Is this functionality possible in a standard system?

icon

Best answer by JerryB 4 March 2024, 16:18

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@XitThilaB As you observed, the Operational Status is not considered for WO generation in PM Actions. When the Object is scrapped no WO is generated that is because the PM Action plan also then set to Obsolete (when the status set to Scrapped). Once the WO are generated, unwanted WOs needs to cancelled after a review.

IMO, this is because even when the object is temporarily not in operation, certain maintenance activities still need to be carried out. Therefore, the planner reviews the situation and makes decisions accordingly.

Can those objects be scrapped or is this temporary (planning to use those later)?

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @Buddhika Kurera,

Thanks a lot for your feedback. Yes, change the status to scrap is what we also preferred to stop generating WOs using PM actions.

However, when equip object’s Op. status changed to scrap, all the connected PM actions to it will obsoleted. Sometime these objects are planning to use later. Therefore again revisions need to be created for those PM actions.

Is there any way to filter out using equipment, Maint Org or sites when configuring “Generate Calendar” schedule task / background job? So we can prevent calendar generation for certain PM actions.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

You can also just make it not generatable if it’s not being removed or scrapped.

I’ve always used Actions to control PM generations (W-Weekly, M-Monthly, Q-quarterly, etc.)  This allow you to generate weeklies every week, Monthly & Quarterlies a couple weeks ahead, and maybe four weeks for annuals if it requires parts with long lead times or lining up contractors or whatever.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @JerryB

It seems fine now. Schedule task is not generating WOs for PM actions those are set as generatable = No. Thank you so much for the reply.