Question

Project connection for customer order lines created from service contract

• 21 July 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi Team,

I have created a customer order from 'Service Contract'. Here I was unable to connect the customer order which was created through the invoice plan to a Project.

What is the reason behind this design limitation?

Thanks

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @Sandamini Wijeratne ,

The Service Order isused for both Service Contracts and Work Orders. You can connect a Work Order to a Project and this will be shown on the CO Line as well. Your issue is probably that you cannot connect a Service Contract Line to a Project. I would not propose to connect those Customer Order Lines, because then you are already a step to far in the process.

Maybe a good idea to post an Idea here in teh community to have the possibility to link a project activity to a service contract (Header and Line). I can imagine than more customers will have the same requirement.

BR,

Robert

Badge +3

Hi,

I agree with Robert that you need to shall create / post an Idea to have Project Connection on Service Contract. I have written the functional specification to have modification on Service Contract to have Project Connection for IFS 10 (IEE).

The customer has gone live and this modification is used as the core solution.

So, there is indeed a need to have this functionality as standard functionality in IFS.

/Bobby

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi guys, @Sandamini Wijeratne, @EqeRobertK, @ArcBobbyB 

is there any news on how to link a Service Contract to the Project? 

Many thanks in advance.

Best,

Nadim

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @Nadim  ,

I did not hear anything on this topic, so I do not think there is a change on this.

Hi @Sandamini Wijeratne , did you create an idea for this on teh community? if so, can you share this?

Thanks,

Robert