Solved

PM ACTION STRUCTURE

• 23 November 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi all.

Could someone know if it’s possible to a maintenance plan of the “children” objects based on codition of the main object in structure?

E.g.: I have a pump that works by hours.

But bellow the pump, there are a couple of components that each one has a pm action.

I need to generate work orders based onde the hours measured registered in the pump, and not in the components.

if it’s not possible, I’ll need to set the parameter hour for all components and replicate the hours measured in the pump for all of them to have a maintenance plan.

tks a lot

icon

Best answer by pekase 23 November 2021, 14:34

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

You can connect the children PMs to the parent.  (RMB on the PM and select Connections, then from the parent then add the children to the table.  When the parent generates, the children will.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

You can connect the children PMs to the parent.  (RMB on the PM and select Connections, then from the parent then add the children to the table.  When the parent generates, the children will.

Hi @JerryB , Tks for the info.

I’ve done this process last night but I don’t know what Am I missing.

After generate the work order, the the system generates just the the WO for the main object, not for the parent.

The main object has the condition hour parameter. 

Could you help please?

Tks a lot

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

I’m not sure.  I don’t see anything preventing it.  @Thommy , do you have any idea?

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi,

There is no possibility in STD to inherit a meter value from one object into another object in the facility. 

To get things working you need to define a PM for the parent pump and then also one PM for each of the components you want to connect. 

For the parent pump PM you add a condition line for the working hours.

For the component PMs you add no condition lines at all.

For the parent pump PM select RMB Connections and add each of the component PMs as connected PMs in the table.

See to that all PMs are activated.

Add measurements for the pump object on your parent pump PM until you get a Generation Value that will lead to a WO generation.

Run Condition generation.

Now it should end up in a WO structure generated that reflect how the PMs was connected into a structure.

Regards

Pelle

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi,

There is no possibility in STD to inherit a meter value from one object into another object in the facility. 

To get things working you need to define a PM for the parent pump and then also one PM for each of the components you want to connect. 

For the parent pump PM you add a condition line for the working hours.

For the component PMs you add no condition lines at all.

For the parent pump PM select RMB Connections and add each of the component PMs as connected PMs in the table.

See to that all PMs are activated.

Add measurements for the pump object on your parent pump PM until you get a Generation Value that will lead to a WO generation.

Run Condition generation.

Now it should end up in a WO structure generated that reflect how the PMs was connected into a structure.

Regards

Pelle

Hi @pekase , tks for the gr8 explanation.

I’ve have done as you said but the system gerenated just one WO for the parent object even using condition generation

Please see the prints.

Am I missing somenthing?

The PM 11014 is the parent. Both active.

Tks a lot.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi,

OK then I don’t have much ideas.

Just few things that you can check, but I’m not sure they will help.

• You run Performed Value Based = Yes on the Condition line. This will require an ongoing WO to be finished before generating a new. (However in you example this would rather have impact on the parent PM than on the child PMs).
  • Second thing to check is the the configuration of the Object Level used for the objects used on the child PMs. If this Object Level allows creation of WOs. This configuration can be found in Equipment/Equipment Basic Data/Object Levels.

Regards

Pelle

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi,

• You run Performed Value Based = Yes on the Condition line. This will require an ongoing WO to be finished before generating a new. (However in you example this would rather have impact on the parent PM than on the child PMs).
  • Second thing to check is the the configuration of the Object Level used for the objects used on the child PMs. If this Object Level allows creation of WOs. This configuration can be found in Equipment/Equipment Basic Data/Object Levels.

Regards

Pelle

Hi @pekase , I’ve tried both situation and no success. The system generates just for the parent pm action.

Also with Non performed value based.

Object level is OK.

I’m gonna burn the midnight oil and see if I get it.

If someone have any other ideas, please feel free to help me.

Tks a lot

Br.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi,

Regards

Pelle

Hi @pekase , I’ve tried both situation and no success. The system generates just for the parent pm action.

Object level is OK.

Tks a lot

Br.

Hi Lopes,

There was a fix done around this kind of PM Structure generation issue via LCS Bug ID 156280 for App10 (UPD 10). May be you are missing that?

Regards,
Dilani

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi,

Regards

Pelle

Hi @pekase , I’ve tried both situation and no success. The system generates just for the parent pm action.

Object level is OK.

Tks a lot

Br.

Hi Lopes,

There was a fix done around this kind of PM Structure generation issue via LCS Bug ID 156280 for App10 (UPD 10). May be you are missing that?

Regards,
Dilani

Hi @Dilani , That’s what I found out.

I was testing in a DEV environment and it’s in UPD8. Not working.

Testing in UPD12, It worked.

Tks for the info.

Br.

Lopes