Solved

need to understand how the priority works on Pm Actions

• 17 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi everyone, 

can anyone please tell me how the priority works on a maintenance plan, as you can see in the below image the priority is set to be 3 which is 2 weeks however when observed the planned start date and latest finish date has difference is just a week. 

Thanks a lot in advance 

cheers

icon

Best answer by Thilini Kumarasinghe 17 May 2023, 13:39

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi Hashmit,

Please note that there is no direct relationship between priority and the earliest start and latest finish dates of the maintenance plan. In App 10 version, when a calendar based maintenance plan is created (irrespective of the priority), it will get planned with 1 week duration. However if you need, you can change the dates manually.

However in IFS Cloud version (22R1, 22R2 versions onward) there is an option “Expand backward” and  “Expand forward” which allows to amend the planned period for all the maintenance plan lines at once (within the PM Action).

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Thilini

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @Thilini Kumarasinghe ,

thank you for your revert, but I have a question here. what is the use of having a priority then , does it have any other fuctionality which I might me missing to notice?

cheers  

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Hashmit,

One place where the priority comes into paly is while defining the critical work. Here you have an option to choose the priority as one of the primary or secondary criteria to decide the work as critical. 

If IFS/Maintenance Planning Board is used and if a work order or PM action gets marked as critical work, according to the criteria's set up in this basic data table, the value can be used for prioritizing the work order or PM action occurrence, when it is scheduled with the maintenance planning board. 

Regards,

Mithun K V