Question

impossible to manage single serial objects in a location structure

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi,

I’d like to manage several equipments trees (function and location for example). I know we can do it with IFS Cloud and previous versions but I’ve just seen it seems we have limitations with all trees except the “function” one.

I explain:

I want to manage a hierachy (Function tree) with Technical lot/Sub Technical Lot/Equipment Type/Equipment

In this strucutre, I’ll have a “water tank” (functional object) in the Sub Technical Lot level and its child “pump01” (serial object) in the equipment level.

Moreover, I also want to have a separate tree for locations so I’ve decided to use the “Location” tree.

The hierarchy would be Site/Ground/Zone/Building/Floor/local

However, I’m facing an issue because I’d like to place the serial object “Pump01” under “Building” level but IFS does not allow me to do it (there is NO structure zone in the serial object record). It means I must move both the parent (functional object) and its child to have it in this kind of tree.

Finally I’ll have the Water Tank and Pump01 under Building but I wanted to place Water Tank under another level (Site for example)

Do you have ideas and example on how you manage stand alone serial objects in non functional tree (equipment object navigator)???

Thanks

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @Grégory,

The intend was always that a specific function is on a location and that function can be fulfilled with a serial object. So you need to add a functional object for the pump in between. Then you get a functional structure like this:

and a location structure like this:

Please not that these are IFS10 printscreens, I do not have a good IFS Cloud environment. The logic should be the same.

Hope this helps you out,

Robert

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi Robert,

thabks for your answer. I have thought about it but the issue comes when we want to maintain the equipment.

If I create a repair WO, on which equipement do I have to assigne the work task (serial or functional)? Thinking in the mean time I’ll have to make a return of my serial object into inventory to replace by another one.

What’s the tree’s behaviour? Maybe I’ll have another serial water pump under the functional previously linked but the functional one has been created for one specific serial number (each serial pump will have its own functional pump)?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @Grégory,

Each functional structure has a functional pump and that will be fulfilled with a serial object. The function should remain the same, but which serial is there does not matter.ld make the repair WO on Serial level. With a simple custom field (On Wo and on serial object) you should be able to show the current Location.