Solved

Identify Refurbished Assets

• 16 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Do you have a recommendation on how we can do the following in Cloud:

• Indicate that an existing part serial has been used or is re-furbished?  
  • Specify on a sales quote, customer order or shop order that a refurbished part (non-serialized) is to be used to fulfill the order?
  • Use different pricing for a non-serialized part based on whether or not it is un-used vs. refurbished? We currently create two part records for this purpose and add a suffix of -10 behind the part numbers that are refurbished. We’d prefer to only create one part record instead of two.

For example, the un-used part number is 1234 and the refurbished part number is 1234-10. Users add the part with the -10 to orders to specify that a refurbished part is to be used to fulfill an order.

We looked into Condition Codes but determined that we don’t want to use that option.

icon

Best answer by Björn Hultgren 24 January 2024, 10:44

View original

5 replies

Badge +3

Hi,

If you set your Part to Allow Condition Code, then it is standard functionality in IFS:

• Customer Order Line 
  • You can user Repair Shop Order
  • Pricing per Condition

Hopefully this helps!

/Bobby

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I recommend that you keep the solution with having separate part numbers for a new vs refurbished product since those may have a different cost, price and should be planned separately. A suffix on the original part number is a good solution I believe. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Thank you for the recommendations.

Userlevel 5
Badge +22

I recommend that you keep the solution with having separate part numbers for a new vs refurbished product since those may have a different cost, price and should be planned separately. A suffix on the original part number is a good solution I believe. 

@Bjorn Could you detail why condition code is not preferred versus part number duplication ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Bertrand Dousset Having separate part numbers is more robust for several reasons:

• Possibility to sell the parts as different sales parts with different price.
  • Have separate BOM’s
  • Have different standard costs
  • Plan parts separately in MRP