Solved

How do I see future resource capacities/availabilities?

• 26 May 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 19 replies

Hello,

Is there a transaction in IFSAPP10 that allows us to see future available resource capacities? Our company is new to IFS and we seem to be just rolling the work forward when we get to that point. it would be good to see what resources are available in the future and plan work accordingly. We are using the Resource Monitoring Gantt for daily use and weekly planning, can this be set up to see availabilities?

Thanks

Cory

icon

Best answer by FNSMITHUN 26 May 2023, 12:34

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Cory ,

You can make use of resource analysis screen to see the available hours for the recourse groups & resources in future. Please make sure to run the Calculate resource capacity &  Refresh resource analysis snapshot to get the accurate information. You can also get the overview of the same from 

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Mithun K V

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Thanks for the reply @EqeMithuV,

Can you tell me what this means? I suspect it is because we don’t have the option turned on for us.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Cory,

Think the database task is not available for this, could you please create one as below and then run the calculation.

Regards,

Mithun K V

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi @EqeMithuV, Thanks for the reply, but you have lost me, I don’t know where to do that. I’m only an end user as well does this matter?

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Cory,

Please reach out to your IT team to configure this database task.

Regards,

Mithun K v

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi @EqeMithuV ,

I have finally got access to the page in IFS can you send me any more info on how to drive it. 

Thanks

Cory

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Cory ,

You can perform the below steps

1. Search for the resource group for which you need to analyse the details
  2. Run the Calculate resource capacity 
  3. Refresh resource analysis snapshot 
  4. Then you can check the available capacity of the resource for the given time period

Regards,

Mithun K V

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Thanks for that @EqeMithuV.

Are you able to tell me exactly where the information is pulled from. I have a resource that has a roster loaded, which i can see. But also this resource has work assignments that i’m not seeing as consumption of the hours?? It seems all the data sets are empty??

Thanks

Cory

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Cory ,

Check work assignment dates for the resource in the work task and make sure while refreshing the resource snapshot the assignments dates are within the snapshot date range. The resource load information are pulled from projects resources, work tasks, shop orders, HR allocations, PM actions, CRP loads etc.

Regards,

Mithun K V