Solved

Connecting S&M Causes to Equipment Object Categories

• 22 February 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Afternoon,

I am pretty sure the answer is No, but does anyone know if its possible to connect the Causes in Service and Maintenance to Object Categories in Apps 8? 

What we are trying to achieve is if an Object is of a certain category, then when we come to report on a work order what the cause of the fault was, that the LOV only displays causes which relate to that object category type.

I cannot see anything obvious to link them, but thought I would ask to see if anyone has been able to achieve this.

Kind regards,

Hayley

icon

Best answer by Thilini Kumarasinghe 23 February 2021, 10:29

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi Hayley,

I’ve encountered that issue and the only thing I could figure out was to group the cause IDs by object group and then create saved queries for them on a group profile for all the technicians.  So when they go to select on it might say Injection Molding, Punch Press, Auxilliary Equipment, etc…

I actually did that with other fields such as symptoms, performed actions, and so forth.

Jerry

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Jerry,

Thanks for the quick reply. 

I was trying to avoid having to do that, but it does seem like the only option available in Apps8 that I can see :thumbsdown:.

Thanks again,

Hayley

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

When we redo fault reports, I hope blend this thinking in with structure failure management a bit better and achieve more of what I think you and customers are looking for.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

In App 10, we have “Failure Analysis Setup Navigator” which can be used (with item class), but seems this is not available in App 8