Solved

Condition rating on assets / equipment objects

• 7 December 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi,

We are trying to further digitize our asset management process and one basic step in that process is rate our assets condition on a numbered scale.

Input data on such a rating is difficult to automate and there are many parameters (number of fault reports, inspection remarks, unplanned stops etc).

We will have to store data for condition rating purposes and have concluded that a number of custom configurations are necessary.

Do we have anyone out there that has implemented something similar to what I am descriping?

Best Regards

Anders

icon

Best answer by simon.orchard 10 December 2021, 16:05

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

We’re looking into having condition ratings that can be checked on PMs for an EUR industries requirement but I don’t think that includes a field on the equipment stating such.  @simon.orchard, do have anything to add to this.  

If I were implementing, I’d probably use Equipment Class unless otherwise I need the field for something else.  If so, I’d use a custom field.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Thanks for the tag Jerry.

This is included in the EAM requirement I am proposing from EUR but to be available across all industry sectors.

The proposal is to allow collection of Condition history alike Measurement history but where the results can be ranked and an overall asset condition rating then be calculated. 

This will allow analysis across the asset database for similar asset types to then be able to make inteligent decisions. 

I have tagged this question against my proposal to ensure I keep all up to date.

Thanks,

Simon

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Thanks to both of you for answers.

FYI: we will be implementing condition rating in our airport group to get a better grip on the state of our assets during 2022…

//Anders

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi,

This is in the roadmap for IFS Cloud 23R1.

Many thanks,

Simon 

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi, I found this by accident. Just to confirm this is delivered. Many thanks, Simon