Solved

Change Maintenance triggers from Work Task Template to PM Action

• 23 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi All,

What is the best way in Standard IFS (Cloud) to update the Maintenance triggers from a Work Task template to all connected PM Actions. This is applicable for at least condition and calandar trigger options. So far, I only have the option to do so via a PM Program, but we can not use that de to restrictions we have on the item class and process class.

Thanks in advance,

Robert

icon

Best answer by Thilini Kumarasinghe 23 May 2023, 17:10

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi Robert,

Have you tried these options in the work task template ?

• If revision control is activated  on the work task template - Use Handle Obsolete Revisions > Replace obsolete revisions on PM Actions.
  • If revision control is de-activated on  the work task template - Use “Update connected PM Actions”.

Option 1: “Revision control” is activated on the task template.

Steps:

1. Create a work task template, add maintenance triggers, any other data and activate it.
  2. Create few PM Actions from it (Using “Generate PM Action”).
  3. Then if you need to update the maintenance triggers, you will have to create a new revision of the work task template and change the triggers.
  4. Activate the new revision of the task template.
  5. Now there will be an option Handle Obsolete Revisions > Replace obsolete revisions on PM Actions.
  6. Use this option and the PM Actions will be updated(Once the background job is executed)..
    • If there is an active PM Action with revision control ON - New PM revision will be created with the new template revision.
    • If there is an active PM Action with revision control OFF - Same PM revision will be updated with the new template revision.
    • If there is a preliminary PM Action - Same PM revision will be updated with the new template revision.

Option 2: “Revision control” is de-activated on the task template.

Steps:

1. Create a work task template, add maintenance triggers, any other data and activate it.
  2. Create few PM Actions from it (Using “Generate PM Action”).
  3. Then if you need to update the maintenance triggers, do the changes in the same task template revision.
  4. There will be an option “Update connected PM Actions”.
  5. Use this option and the PM Actions will be updated (Once the background job is executed).
    • If there is an active PM Action with revision control ON - New PM revision will be created with the template changes.
    • If there is an active PM Action with revision control OFF - Same PM revision will be updated with the template changes.
    • If there is a preliminary PM Action - Same PM revision will be updated with with the template changes.

Please check whether this helps.

Best Regards,

Thilini

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @Thilini Kumarasinghe ,

Thanks for the quick respons.

Yes, I tried all scenarios. Everyting is updated on the PM Action, exept for the maintenance triggers.

I update teh WTT from 6 to 8 Month and I run the background job. The PM Action is not updated with this change.

Any other options? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi Robert,

You are most welcome.

Another option I can think of is using “PM Administrator”. But here when I tried to directly update the maintenance triggers, it worked only for PM Actions in “Preliminary” state. And I tried option “Reapply work task template =” in the final step of the administrator as well, but it did not change the maintenance triggers.

How to update maintenance triggers for preliminary PM Actions:

Example: PM Action has calendar plan start date 1/1/2023, interval 1 month.

1. Open PM Administrator and enter the data to get the needed PM Actions filtered.
  1. Go to next step and enter the new maintenance trigger details.
  1. Now select the PM Action that needs to be updated and finish the setup.
  1. Check the PM Action. Maintenance trigger is updated.

Best Regards,

Thilini

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@Thilini Kumarasinghe ,

Thanks, that really helps.

Now it should also update Active ones (with or without revision control)

I will make some tests on this PM Administrator with some scenarios. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

You are most welcome :) @EqeRobertK