Solved

Alert when a part is received in stock

• 14 July 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi,

Is there a way for a user to receive an alert when a part is received in stock /manufactured other than subscribing to changes on the purchase orders or shop orders.

Thanks !

icon

Best answer by IC-LukaszP 14 July 2020, 16:40

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Is it not possible to create a custom event for this?

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

I could create a custom event for all parts manufactured/ received in a given day, though I wanted to let the user choose for which part they want to be alerted. This event or alert would be for sales reps for one of our division for which we have really long lead time(parts are manufactured abroad) . I don’t want them to receive an alert each time a part is received but only when a part they’re interested in whether for a quote or a project.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Maybe you could add a Custom Field on Inventory Part - checkbox that decides which parts should be alerted and which not. Custom event could be triggered based on this parameter, if checked = alert.

BR, Lukasz

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I could create a custom event for all parts manufactured/ received in a given day, though I wanted to let the user choose for which part they want to be alerted. This event or alert would be for sales reps for one of our division for which we have really long lead time(parts are manufactured abroad) . I don’t want them to receive an alert each time a part is received but only when a part they’re interested in whether for a quote or a project.

maybe you can have a solution outside IFS (along with IFS Custom Events),

1. Create a generic event to send an email with Partno/Group in the subject
  2. Let the users add email rules to delete others and keep only the alerts for the parts of their interest

( This will allow different users to keep alerts based on the parts of their individual choice)