Solved

When will iOS 15.0.0.2 be approved?

• 13 October 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Apple has released a security update to address a vulnerability—CVE-2021-30883—in multiple products. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability to take control of an affected system. This vulnerability has been detected in in use already.

Seems we should be upgrading as soon as possible to protect against this, please can you let us know as soon as we are safe to update?

icon

Best answer by Reid Gilbert 1 November 2021, 11:36

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Sorry, that should read iOS 15.0.2

Badge

Reid - Any update on this iOS update?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I don’t have an update on the timeline for certification yet...If you’re worried about the security risk then I would suggest you upgrade one device internally first...put it through every step of your full Test Scripts...make sure there are no showstoppers in there that your techs would run into (the modules and functionality used by each of our customers will differ).  My concerns are if there is a P1 of some sort...Apple does not make it easy to roll these operating system updates backwards.

Badge

Do you all get advance notice of Apple coming out with a new version?  Seems like Alliance mobile never can update the new version unless we do internal testing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

For major version releases we subscribe to the Beta testing program (and we usually start testing around Beta 4 or higher), but for the smaller maintenance releases we don’t get Beta releases ahead of time to test with (nor would we have resources available to test and certify each of these releases at the pace at which they are currently pushing these out, so hopefully it stabilizes soon).

Badge

Any update on iOS 15.0.2?   

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I’m still awaiting word from R&D on this, I will reply on here once I have an update on it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Please see the attached Service Bulletin regarding minor operating system version updates for Android and iOS devices.