V15.4 Shipping a PR directly from supplier to an internal warehouse

• 7 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi,

For a service order, you have a material demand

You don’t have inventory,

So you want to create a purchase requisition from the supplier to your own warehouse (you don’t want that the supplier ship the parts to the customer site).
Could you explain how to do that ?

If you click on external and then see the address displayed on “material delivery address”, you can see the warehouse address

Then Go on PR, set create PR and 

But when you save the material demand and see the PR, the delivery address used is the customer site and the delivery address of the warehouse.

Could you explain how to do this process ?

Thanks and Regards

anthony

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 7 December 2022, 16:43

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Anthony,

I have run through a process to create a PR and the one thing I did not do was click External.  What I did do was specify the warehouse on the material demand.

Checking this service order’s address before I create the PR:

Then I confirmed the Material Delivery Address:

Now I used the PR Tab to create:

The resulting PR in my case was:

Here I checked the address on the PR:

You can see that the address is from the Warehouse (city Huntingdon) while the customer address is in Emerald City (see above).

Seems to me the PR will be shipped to the warehouse specified as the source warehouse in the material demand. In my test, the demand status is now back ordered / PR opened.

One thing I missed out doing was setting the Ship Direct flag to get the product once received into the warehouse to the customer.  I did not know if the warehouse you wanted to receive it was the warehouse of the engineer or a supply warehouse.

Hope this helped and is what you are seeking.  This sequence I had executed on v15.4 current version.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

HI @Phil Seifert 

Thanks for your help.
One question first : why you didn’t use the flag external ?
I made the same process in French and I have the same result. 

Before, I tried the process described at the beginning of this topic  in AST language (and not french) and the result is the address on the PR was also the Ship to address.
So, my process doesn’t work  in FR language , because the Billto address is used.
I don’t know why

Thanks 

anthony

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Anthony,

I did not choose External as this would mean the vendor is supposed to supply directly to the customer which is not what you wanted.  Reading the documentation for this, I see:

So your agent who is likely your service provider will not be the one delivering the material to the customer.  At least that was my interpretation.  In my case, this works for what you wanted.

For the French layer not working, I obviously did not try this but did demonstrate the process works from the standard AST layer using English.  If it is not working in French, you may have to review it further and log a ticket.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

OK @Phil Seifert Thanks

I read this document, but understood that it was not supply directly, but only by an outside vendor.
To supply directly may not have the same meaning to ship direct.

anthony