Solved

Unable to export to excel

• 21 April 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

When I try and export a report from the export module in Alliance is says that it can not find the file or there is no excel registered.  Well Excel is open.  I have tried multiple files and it still doenst work.  Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 22 April 2022, 13:04

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Steve,

This is v15.1 you are using for clarity to others who may be seeing this question.

This screen is for exporting the templates not reports so perhaps you are in the wrong module?  Can you describe more clearly what report you are trying to export containing what data?

This is not the screen to generate a report for you as when you export here, it tries to create an *.etp file which is Export Template Package and not for Excel as you can see in my screenshot doing when trying to export the ABC Codes.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi Phil,  I use this module to export data.  I have previously set these “templates” as you refer to them in the export template wizard.  I have obtained data like this for hundreds of reports

In essence, these are data sets that I run to obtain information.  The system is now saying that Excel isnt installed or it is not there.  This is not correct, I need this information pretty urgently.  How do I get to this data

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Steve,

I did misunderstand at what point you had the problem so my previous reply was not applicable.  Sorry about that.

We took a look at your export template and found that there are no criteria to limit the amount of rows you are trying to export.  This may be much larger than what Excel can handle, possible.  The template we looked was SM-Contracts with Product ID and Value.

You may need to restrict this with export template wizard in the criteria.  As a test, you can modify the export template to select a single contract as a criteria and then see if you get the file.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi Phil, that is a change that has been made by IFS then.  I have run this report a dozen times.  How do I get to the data?

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

In addition.  I have tried to run Astea exports.  Written by Astea.  These also do not work.  Please advise

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Steve,

I sent you the data from the one export you indicated above earlier and do not have any issues downloading or opening the reports on my windows client.  This could be something in your security not allowing you to download files or access the downloads folder.  The Alliance application is working as designed and so is the export when I am using your production environment.

Instead of OPEN try SAVE to point it to another folder to see if that works.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thank you