Solved

The type initializer for 'AsteaAO.SecurityManager' threw an exception

• 19 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Oh great people of the community! I need some help and suggestions 😎

Starting this week. several UAT testers  are unable to log into Alliance from PC and encounter error message “The type initializer for 'AsteaAO.SecurityManager' threw an exception”.

There are no errors on the server, and errors are only in the client event logs

Sometimes deleting the XML file in the Astea temp folder works, sometime uninstall and reinstall works, and other times mutliple attempts to log in will work.

icon

Best answer by Reid Gilbert 19 May 2023, 20:31

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi Kyle,
Since it’s UAT can you run the ConfigVersions.exe followed by IISRESET to see if that helps?  (and repeat the process on each server if this is a load-balanced environment), maybe it’s only intermittent based on which server the user is getting routed to?
Thanks,
Reid

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Kyle,

Please try the below if Reid’s suggestion did not work though I will not guarantee this resolves the issue but still it helped with another issue involving the Astea Browser clients. Be sure to close all instances of the Astea Browser prior to doing this.

•  Browse to C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\Temp
  • Find any directories named similar to eo.webbrowser.cache…… and delete them

When I searched for the eo.webbrowser.cache folder on my client, it was inside the Temp\2 folder as shown below.  This may vary but I think it is usually the 2 folder.

This is in addition to the standard deleting that xml file and browser cache you already mentioned in your post.

Was there a Windows Update on the servers just before this started happening for these users or their clients?

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Thanks Gentlemen

Reid’s suggestion resolved the issue. There was one server patch (KB5026362) installed on May 11th