Solved

Service Order : ETA Date automatic modification

• 15 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +3
  • Do Gooder (Partner)
  • 3 replies

Hi, 

in a service order Activity, when the ETA date (field “estimated_dt”) is in the past, then when the techncian in mobility Edge click on the button “Start travel”, the activity ETA Date is automatically updated by the date when the technician has clicked on this button. 

What is the reason for this update ? (Our customer is in V15.4, it was already like this in V14).

What are the other cases of an automatic updtate of the “estimated_dt”  field? I know that if you modify the ETA Date (field eta_date) in the header, and the “estimated_dt”  field was never modified by a user, then it is automatically updtated by the new value of the “eta_date” header field. Are there other cases ?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Reid Gilbert 15 November 2023, 13:27

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi Pam,
This functionality has existed for many years (even in our older Mobile Select and Mobile Universal product releases it functioned this way).  I believe the intent here is to give the customer a more realistic ETA as to when the technician will arrive on site...since the old ETA value has already passed, once the technician has indicated that they are currently in-route to the job site then the customer should be notified that this is the case and they should expect the technician shortly (some customers configure process flows or work flows to send automatic updates to the customer when this changes or this information is also visible in the Customer Portal application if they want to check the status of a particular call directly).  I’m not aware of any other cases where this logic is implemented but maybe one of the R&D team members on here can confirm...
Thanks,
Reid

Badge +3

Hi Reid, 

thanks for your answer.

If you know other cases where the activity “Estimated_dt” is automatically updated by Alliance, tell us, our customer asked us about it.

Thanks

Philippe