Solved

receive serialsed items using a scanner

• 14 June 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

In astea v10 we used a USB-scanner to enter the serialnumbers in a Recieve List. The scanner is configured to add ENTER after the scancode, so evey code scanned resulted in the cursor to jump to the next line. 

In V15, scanning the code + the ENTER, the serial number is entered but the module does not jump to the next line as it does in v10.

However, if we use the scanner to enter a field in Service Order in v15, the scanned “enter” is reacting correctly in opening the lookup screen. We have same behaviour using Edge and Chrome, also in Word and Excel. the scanner works as configured: scancode + jumpt to next line

Is there a configuration required to have the correct behavior of the scanner in Receiving ?

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 18 June 2022, 15:37

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

example recieving were cursor says in the serial number field

example service order were after scanning, the cursor jumps to the next line; Does i in a field and also in the text

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi,

We have had a similar issue when we upgraded one of our V10 customers to V15.  It was related to the bar code customization they have in the Pack List module.  I have noticed some behaviors are different between V10 and V15.  As same as your case, in V15, scanning the code + the ENTER didn’t jump to the next line.  We had to add some code changes to handle this case and done as a part of the customization upgrade.  I recommend you log the ticket with your local IFS support team and they can determine whether this a standard issue or not and  I will be able to assist them with our code changes as a reference.

Regards,

Susie

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

I’ve raised a ticket in for our IFS support

Thanks for the advise

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Piet,

Reviewing this without a scanner and manually working with a receiving document in the Web Employee Portal, I noticed even using <enter> via the keyboard does not move to the next line. However, using the <tab> key does move to the next field.

Can you also see if your scanner has the option to add the <tab> character as a suffix instead of <enter>.

I know you logged a ticket for this and I will refer this to our developers to see if there is an option to move to the next line using <enter> but it seems to me that the movement between fields in a web form is usually done by <tab> and not <enter>.  The v10 Astea Browser may have more control over the keystroke behaviour in the client than a normal web browser.

(My scanner to change to a <tab> suffix only required me to scan two barcodes to reconfigure; one barcode to clear any suffixes and the other to add <tab> thus takes only a second or two).

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Piet,

Though this was already closed as a ticket since you were able to implement the <tab> as a suffix, I see that v15.3 HF5 does include a fix for this situation.  If you want to standardize your scanner definition, you may want to check this out once you have HF5 deployed.

Phil