Solved

Question about importing a child asset to a parent asset

• 11 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

When creating a subcomponent of an asset, we have have always ran an import to put the child asset that doesn’t exist in Alliance to the parent asset that does exist whether it is in inventory or installed. Is there a way to run an import to put a child asset that is in inventory to a parent asset that could also be in inventory or installed?

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 11 March 2022, 19:40

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi,

I am not sure if this is possible.

You are asking for an import to take an item (asset) that is currently in a warehouse bin somewhere and then add it as a component to another item which would technically have to remove the item from inventory flagging it as Part of another item and then link it to the parent item.

Maybe as two separate imports but I don’t think a single import would be able to mimic what the application does via the UI  

I think this would a services request to develop this, if it is even possible,  My suggestion is to discuss this with your IFS services consultants.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Thank you Phil, for getting back to me. I appreciate it. It was just a question and we won’t need to go any further with this.