Solved

Organizational Views after upgrade v15.3 HF4

• 21 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

First test I do after upgrade to 15.3.0.4 is opening Customer Support Order module. I have lost all my personal views and favorites but I lost also the Organizational Views. Can I recover the Organizational Views ? Will we lose all setting on every upgrade ?

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 21 March 2022, 10:57

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Piet,

There was a fix applied via HF4 to allow views created in different browsers with differing culture codes to be visible in all browsers.  This was noted as a problem in the following topic:

Alliance v15 views are browser culture dependent. | IFS Community

Starting with v15.3 HF4, this is no longer an issue however the pre-existing views were registered with their respective culture_code at that time and would not be picked up by the browser as it did not match the current expected value.

To remedy the previous data, you can use the following scripts to review and then update the data if you have access to the database profile. To fix personal views, adjust the view_category to ‘Personal’

SELECT module_name, 
       created_by, 
       last_update, 
       culture_code,
       view_category,
       view_title
FROM cp_application_views
WHERE  module_name = 'service_request_maint'
ORDER BY last_update DESC;

UPDATE cp_application_views
  SET 
      culture_code = 'AST'
WHERE view_title = '<view_title>'  -- optional to restrict correction to specific views.
and module_name = 'service_request_maint'; -- optional to restrict to specific modules

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Organizational views are built and saved in the database. You can keep a copy of them using Application Setup Guide module import/export process. Before each release take a backup of these views and import them when the shipment of that release. By doing this you will not lose any views.