Solved

Order Locator order type

• 9 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi,

In the SU7 we have this enhancement (see below)
Could you explain a little bit what are the changes please ?

1/ In previous version, we have the criteria “Order type” and , if selected, it seems that we have the narrows in the module filtered in the search (service order for example) 
2/ Does it work if the order is canceled ?

Thanks and Regards

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 9 April 2024, 09:56

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Anthony,

The information I have is basically the same as in the document:

If the Order Type is selected in the QBE (for example, Service order), we will open the selected order module with Next and Previous arrows. Moving forward to the order in history will still bring the error message, but users will be able to move between orders with the same type. If the Order Type is not selected, the system will behave as it works currently - only one order is displayed without Next and Previous arrows.

So, searching for cancelled orders only via the order locator (and in my case a specific customer), I get this search result.

When I click on the service order link for the cancelled order, it brings me to the Service Order History module.  From here, I can navigate using the arrows between all the cancelled orders that were found in my original search.

If my search list contained orders that were in different modules (meaning I did not filter to just cancelled and the order was an active service or repair order) and I clicked to enter the service order module and the next order in the list was a repair order, clicking the navigation arrow for next will give you an error as repair order is not a valid service order, etc.

Therefore it is up to you to define criteria such that all the orders are the same module if you intend to use the navigation arrows within the respective modules.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

HI @Phil Seifert 

Thanks for your information.
If you make a search with the order type criteria for Service Orders  (without status), and  some of thems are cancelled, I think you have to navigate between Service order transaction to Service order in History

Regards

antony

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Anthony,

You are correct.

When you enter a module, the normal rules apply from that point which orders can be loaded into the module's maintenance.  Thus Service Order will only open orders not yet in history and vice versa.

You cannot use the Order Locator to find service orders in both Service Order and Service Order History to allow you to scroll through the list found by Order Locator once inside one of the modules as this is per module.  Service Order and Service Order History are two different modules just as Service Order and Repair Order are two different modules.