Solved

mobile edge : Component re-installed as item

• 2 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi, 

For a use case, a technician installed a material (fulfilling the material order) as a component by mistake.

When we are at this step, the part is a component of the installed item.

Could we have a way in mobile edge to go back and only declare the part as an installed item and not a component ?

If we go through a desinsallation, the part is deleted and not installed independently as installed item (and not component)

In the backend, we can reactivate it, but i'm not sure we have this option in mobile edge ?

Thanks and Regards.

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 3 October 2023, 10:11

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Anthony,

If you still have not completed the work order yet in Mobile Edge, you should be able to UNDO the material demand transaction that deployed it as a component.

Go back to the material demand and click the Undo option:

You will get a question to confirm.

Select Yes and then you can disable the Add as Component flag.

Proceeed as normal from this point.

Checking in the backend, the Item is now an installed item.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi @Phil Seifert 

In the use case, the work order is often done. In the back end, we have the ability to re activate the part on the customer site, but It seems not in mobile edge.

We could have an option in the Detail site menu : Add the part previously removed and a warning message : This item is removed : would you re active it on the customer site ?
I assume today we cannot do that in mobile edge: Could you confirm ?

​​​​​​Thanks and Regards
anthony

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

HI Anthony,

Reactivating an item is not something Mobile Edge has in its design.

Think of it this way, the service order - materials page in the backend does not have the option to reactivate the part directly either.

You have to go to the Removed Items module as you show above to perform this task.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi Phil

I agree, that the reason , In mobile edge I tried to update through Detail site and not Service order.
We often have Technicians who have the role to keep the “inventory” of installed item updated outside service orders and as easyly as possible.

R&D for IFS Cloud 😀

Thanks and Regards

anthony