Solved

Managing Multilingual Descriptions on the Front End

• 27 June 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Is there a more effective way of managing multilingual description fields than through XML API imports? Would love to move this responsibility to users that don’t work with imports.

icon

Best answer by Andrew D'Antonio 29 June 2021, 17:43

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Could you please elaborate on the necessary requirements?  Typically, when a user that is assigned another language in their user record logs into the application, they should be able to update the descriptions in their assigned language.  Will this work for you, or are you looking to update descriptions in bulk?

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Could you please elaborate on the necessary requirements?  Typically, when a user that is assigned another language in their user record logs into the application, they should be able to update the descriptions in their assigned language.  Will this work for you, or are you looking to update descriptions in bulk?

Oh that makes sense! To be honest I’ve never logged in with a language other than my own so hadn’t even thought of that. But that is a good work around solution (change my language, and log back in and change them.) I was envisioning something to do it in bulk like this:

But your comment definitely provides a better solution than using imports.