Solved

Inv type "Reserved Good" Alliance V15.4

• 28 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi,

In a warehouse, not defined on the storage page as Consigned or Reserved.

In this warehouse, you create a bin with “Reserved Good” as inv type.

Then, you make a reception on this bin for a customer. So, you have inventory in this bin.

Then,
1/ if you make another reception for another customer : Could you use the same bin to receive parts ?

2/ With parts in inventory in a “Reserved Good” bin : Could you nevertheless change the inv type of the bin (from Reserved good to good for example) ?

Thanks and Regards

anthony

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 28 February 2023, 11:39

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Anthony,

It appears the answer is yes to both your questions.  Please see below:

Did a miscellaneous receive for same product owned by two different companies.
Warehouse products show both rows, each assigned to their respective owner
The bin inventory type is currently Reserved Good (products are still in the bin)
Changed the inventory type to good for the Reserved_Good bin.  (note, this is just a name of the bin at this point but this is now an inventory type good bin)
Products are still reserved to their respective owner in the bin.

This was done on the current QAC version which is basically SU4 at this point. It allowed me to make all the changes you mentioned.

Testing further, created a service order for a third customer and then sourced the material, it did not show me the Phil-Test-WH01 warehouse as a source which is expected as those parts are not linked to this customer.

Changed the customer to one of the owners of the parts and the sourcing now shows the bin.

These all appear to work as you asked in your question.  Note, when I did this last step, the bin inventory type was still changed to good but it still had the reserved parts in the bin.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Ok Thanks Phil for your investigation.
With these elements, it seems that “Reserved Good” is not a good way to prevent a mix inventory (some customers) in a bin, but then it’s ok for the sourcing.

Thanks and Regards

anthony