Solved

I have to translate in French some new items for this release. Could you share here documents of this release ? or discuss about translation ?

• 22 October 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi Danny, Kristen and all,

A next release 15SP2 will come soon. I have to translate in French some new items for this release.
Could you share here documents of this release ? or discuss about translation ?
t could be helpful to have the context of new feature to improve translation. I don’t know if it’s a good idea / way to share information about next release. Let me know.

For Example :  What’is the meaning or the context of “Standby” in these sentences. 
- The value of 'Standby To' must be between 'Standby From' and 23:59.
- The value of 'Standby From' must be between 'End Time' and 'Standby To'.
- The value of 'Standby From' must be greater than 'End Time'.
Is it a technical or functional issue ?  standby = a break for a SA ?

icon

Best answer by Danny Klein 31 March 2021, 08:44

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi

Translation is done by R&D who generate the pages and messages and it is then prepared an install-able  language pack. 

the actual translation is done on Excel spreadsheets that are extracted from the core of the alliance dictionary by R&D. 

system comes out of the box with a number of languages, you can see the list on the login page of the browser agnostic web page and also when you install mobile on a device.

in order to generate a new language pack or update an existing one please reach out to support, they will get the latest translation files from R&D and pass them on to you. once you are done please send them back and R&D who will process it and will publish the new and updated language pack.

we are now working on updating the Chinese and Thai language packs.

our experience is that this is an iterative process that has to be done a few times in order to get everything right. 

as for the text relating to standby you mentioned, it is the Techs shift stand by time and the messages relate to validating the data entered by the users when setting the shifts.