Solved

Error on State when importing site contacts in Astea v15.3.0.1

• 26 August 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

We do not use States/Provinces when importing sites, it is also not defined as a mandatory field. The site import site went through in 2 steps: first with GIS validation on, which results in some sites with an address validation error and second step, the errored sites with GIS services off. But when importing the site contacts, we got errors on some sites in Italy and Swiss: The “state Lombardia is not in country IT. Please use lookup. -(API Error)” It was only on some sites, not on all sites imported in this countries.

• Why this error on a non mandatory field ? And why on some sites and not on all sites in the same country ? We imported sites in several countries in Europ.

The only way to continue was to create the requested states for Italy and Swiss.

• my next question is where can I find the correct way to import the sites ? I found out that I had to use the same syntax the error showed.
icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 3 September 2021, 13:48

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

To better understand the issue, do you have the State\Province defined in your import template for the site, or is the GIS address validation finding a State\Province and populating that field automatically during import?

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

The State\Province isnot defined in the import template for the site, the GIS address validation populates that field automatically during import.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Is there a standard to populate the state/provinces so the GIS validation doesn’t give an error at import or do I have to create the state retroactive each time an error occurs ?

Or can the population of the state/province field be excludes during the GIS validation as it is a non mandatory field ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Piet,

You may want to experiment with the following setting in the configuration editor whether it handles your request or not.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

I left only US and CA as an exception in both rules and had no further errors on importing site or contact.

Will those settings in the configuration editor be overwritten when we install a HF or upgrade to a new version ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

No, these changes are not modified in the global.xml by later updates such as HFx, etc.  Even if they were, you would have backup copies on your server in the AsteaShare folder which are made every time there is a modification made to the global.xml.