Solved

DSE max date scheduling

• 14 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi,

I would like to know what is the furthest (or later) date that can be scheduled by the DSE  ?

For example : I create a SV today (14/03) with the opendate 01/09/2024 and ETA 02/09/2024.
Can I schedule this SV (status Tentative) with the DSE ?
(settings : I have a DSE session with : Session from : 1 Session to : 365)

Thanks and Regards

anthony

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 17 March 2024, 11:47

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Anthony,

I discussed this with R&D and the conclusion was you don’t really want to set it too far in the future.  This will eat more resources, take longer processing so it might exceed allocation frequency overlaps which will cause many issues, etc.

Specifically:

If the number of days will be higher, the CPU & DTU (database) will be higher. We usually advise to customers that the max limit should be 7 days, but it also depend on data.If the session is huge and the number of new activities per day is high, the number of days should be smaller.

In addition to the above, please pay attention that as much as the schedule of the DSE will include bigger range of days, it will include more data, the scheduling will be slower and there is a chance that the scheduling will not finish on time, before the next schedule is starting. This, of course, can cause a lot of problems.

Therefore, except from the performance perspective, if they will work with longer load period, they must also change the allocation frequency (depend on the data).

Hope this clarifies.